YOUR CONSULTATION AND ASSESSMENT
What does the assessment involve?
The assessment can take between 30 mins to an hour.
The examination is divided into two sections:
1. A static assessment during which I will check your biomechanics and take various measurements while you stand up and sitting down.
2. A dynamic assessment during which we will observe you as you walk (this may also be HD recorded) so I can analyse your gait (the way you move).
The information I gathered during your assessment and the information you supply about your complaints, activities, foot profile and overall well-being all help me to determine the correct type of orthotic to help you. I also make three-dimensional moulds of each foot which only takes a few minutes, The moulds and measurements taken by me, are then used to manufacture a pair of custom-made orthotics/insoles for you.
The orthotics I manufacture and supply are made by myself and utilize the highest quality materials available, which are matched to the job the orthotics need to perform.
- Please be ready for your visit and assessment at the arranged time and place.
- you may need to wear shorts so that I can see your knees and lower limbs as you move
- before the assessment starts the cost of the visit and assessment must be agreed to.
- There must be a well lit area free for the customer to walk (roughly 3-4 metres long).
- The customers feet must be clean, dry, and any soft tissue wounds must be dressed and covered.
– When did it start?
– Is it getting worse?
– Is the pain diffuse or at a point?
– Established aggravating and relieving factors.
– Any recent injuries.
– Is there pain elsewhere? (poor alignment of the feet can cause pain in the ankles, knees hips and back).
- Please have any related information from third parties available (doctor, pediatrist, Orthotist, physio etc).
- Please ensure the assessment is uninterrupted.
- at the end of the consultation and assessment the agreed fee is to be paid and if an order is placed for orthotics then the cost of these will also need to be paid as the orthotics are bespoke items.
- If an order is placed for bespoke footwear then a deposit of 50% will need to be paid.
- payments can be made by :- cash, cheque or bank transfer.
If you already have someone dealing with your foot and gait problems or someone over seeing your healthcare I’m happy to liaise with them (doctor, podiatrist, physio, surgeon, healthcare staff etc).
- HERTS, LONDON AND THE HOME COUNTIES
- (other areas by special arrangement-please contact me to check for availability)
- MONDAY to FRIDAY – 10AM to 5PM
- EVENING OR EMERGENCY APPOINTMENTS CAN BE ARRANGED (please contact me to check for availability)
Your appointment is your first step on the road to pain relief.
TO MAKE AN APPOINMENT GO TO MY CONTACT PAGE